Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, the idea of a holiday may have seemed like an unattainable dream. While lockdown procedures are advancing at different speeds across the globe, Portugal is in a very positive place as it heads towards a post Covid-19 world.
Here in the Algarve, villa holidays are the number one choice and will continue to be...why, you ask? In terms of safety, villa holidays offer security to you and your family and this peace of mind will be vital moving forward. We want to share why villa holidays in the Algarve are the recommended way to holiday in 2020 and 2021.
As discussed in our Covid-19 update, response to the pandemic in Portugal has been quick. While the country has emerged from lockdown in well thought out phases, the commitment to safety will not stop there.
From the 1st of June, the Lagos Chamber will be distributing 100,000 kits containing three reusable masks to citizens. While bars and restaurants have reopened, they will still maintain a degree of social distancing to ensure maximum safety. The same rules apply to villa holidays – but why are they so much safer?
If a villa holiday in the Algarve was on your agenda, you can rest assured that you can still enjoy that dream holiday in the Portuguese sun. Here are the top reasons why villa holidays will be the safest option for travel post Covid-19...
1) Family privacy and safety: Villas should be treated as a home away from home. In the Algarve, your own villa means you and your travel companions will only be with each other for the majority of the trip. What could be better than lazy days by the pool and lovely dinners in the evening sun with your nearest and dearest?
2) Low density resorts: Many of the resorts in the Algarve have a low population density, which means that walks or bicycle rides outside of the villa are safe. We understand the important of social distancing, and these areas can help you maintain these measures without concern.
3) Strict cleanliness measures: All SandyBlue villas are being cleaned to the highest standard, while staff are fully briefed on keeping visitors, and themselves, completely safe. We will cover more of these measures shortly!
4) Beaches: The beaches of the Algarve are nothing short of stunning. Whether you’re looking for vast expanses of sandy beaches or secluded beach coves, you will be spoilt for choice. Because the beaches are so varied, social distancing has not been a huge issue at the beaches. Some are even accessible by boat only, meaning you can easily find a less frequented area to relax.
5) Outdoor activities: Beaches aside, the Algarve has a huge array of outdoor activities to enjoy. From walking routes to cycling, there is plenty you can do to enjoy fresh air and sunshine. Once again, the quieter areas ensure you can enjoy the activity and not worry too much about the social distancing.
6) Private Transfers: There are many options available for getting from A to B. To ensure you can travel safely with your family or friends, there are private transfer options in abundance. These will also adhere to strict safety measures, with PPE and cleaning after every trip.
Here at SandyBlue, we are confident that villa holidays in the Algarve are the top holiday choice for 2020 and 2021. Post Covid-19, we will see a huge spike in people booking a well-deserved break in the sun.
SandyBlue villas in the Algarve will be making sure safety and comfort come first. At the start of the pandemic, we implemented health & safety measures which we now continue to enforce with regular reviews. In line with requirements introduced by the Portugal Tourism Board, we are doing the following...
During these unprecedented times, we are dealing with all enquiries around the clock. If you have an enquiry about a booking, availability or clarification on Covid-19 guidelines, we are here to help.