Holidays in the Algarve: what is the ‘Clean & Safe’ stamp?
As Portugal opens its doors to tourists from around the world, the country has been taking steps to ensure the safety of its visitors. This is not limited to physical health – the mental wellbeing and comfort of tourists is a huge motivation here.
In the Algarve, we want to ensure that guests feel at ease for the entirety of their stay. That is why the government has introduced the ‘Clean & Safe’ stamp, just one of many measures taken to showcase how safe Portugal really is during the Covid-19 crisis.
What does the ‘Clean & Safe’ stamp mean for Portuguese tourism?
Portugal has opened its doors to several non-EU countries, including Canada, Australia and South Korea. Opening up to more nations has been integral to the Portuguese summer. The ‘Clean & Safe’ stamp will play a huge part in the protection and comfort of these travellers.
With national health guidelines in place, this stamp shows tourists the hotels, villas and restaurants that are approved and in line with the measures in place. What does this mean for you if you’re looking for things to do in the Algarve? You can specifically search for properties that you can feel safe in.
The ‘Clean & Safe’ official website states that this new stamp will ensure that property and business owners strive to adopt the safest measures possible. It means that visitors and staff are all protected in the best way possible.
How have SandyBlue approached the ‘Clean & Safe’ approval?
The team at SandyBlue are proud to say all of our properties are officially ‘Clean & Safe’ approved. The safety and comfort of our guests is our top priority, so here’s what we’re doing to ensure this...
- The team continue to receive thorough Covid-19 prevention training
- The cleaning teams are all wearing the necessary PPE during service
- All villas are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, both interior and exterior, using a specialised steriliser
- We have implemented special disinfection procedures for swimming pools and jacuzzis
- A health & safety kit including a face mask, a pair of gloves and hand sanitizer will be provided in the welcome basket upon arrival
- Signages of our rigorous internal protocols will be displayed at every property to inform visitors of all the measures being taken
The Algarve is putting your safety first!
Our team is just one of many businesses who are striving to keep Algarve tourists safe. Many of our friends who own restaurants, Algarve experiences and bars are upholding the strict standards of the ‘Clean & Safe’ stamp. If you have an enquiry about a booking, last-minute availability or anything else, we’re here to help!