Top tips for a last-minute holiday in the Algarve
Are you dreaming of a last-minute booking to enjoy the Algarve sun? Despite recent developments on travel between Portugal and other European countries, we’re still seeing a big spike in bookings for August. The country is confident that the air bridge discussions will soon reach a happy conclusion, and we are too. Perhaps the idea of booking a last-minute holiday will trigger the organised side of you to scream in fear. ‘I have nothing planned, my summer wardrobe needs updating or how will I book everything I need’ are common worries for those last-minute getaways. Don’t worry...SandyBlue are here to cater to your every need. Here are some top tips to book an impromptu visit to the Algarve...
Spend time on research
So, when we say ‘last-minute’ trip to the Algarve, it doesn’t mean you have to leave the next day. You do have the time to sit down and really plan everything, so use that time wisely. You don’t have to settle on the first deal you find, as it might not be the right one for you. Remember to use the filter options on searches to really narrow down the results to what you’re looking for.
Flexibility is the way forward
Being flexible is really important with last-minute bookings. From flight times to the days you have to travel, you might find that the better deals are found with times and days you wouldn’t normally go for. You might even find flying from a different airport will land you with the best possible discount at the last-minute!
Reach out to the experts
Here at SandyBlue, our reservations team work tirelessly to help enquiring tourists find the villa that’s right for them. An enquiry that highlights all of your necessities does not take long to write and you’ll get a response with amazing suggestions right away. Here are some things to cover in your enquiries so you can use the same template for all of them...
- Budget - how much can you realistically spend on your accommodation
- Villa size - how many guests are coming and how many rooms will you need
- Special requirements - do you require easy access villas? Are there children with you? Whatever requirements you need, be sure to highlight them
- Location – Looking for somewhere near all the local hotspots and bars? Or maybe you’re looking for a golf heavy holiday somewhere quieter? Again, highlighting your main preferences will mean we can send the ideal villas immediately, saving you more preparation time
- Specific things you plan to do – The SandyBlue team know many of the fantastic local businesses offering experiences in the area. For example, if you’re after a fun catamaran tour we can help you organise this. Whatever excursions you’re planning, let us know and we’ll put you in touch with the right people
Order those essentials!
The world of online retail means you can order the main things you need without leaving your home. Draw up a list and start ticking those items off – remember, the airport will also have what you need...especially the sun cream. Don’t forget that!
Looking for a last minute trip to the Algarve?
If you still have concerns about travelling last-minute to the Algarve, particularly in the current climate, we are here to help. All of our villas are ‘Clean & Safe’ certified, and we can say with confidence that the whole team is trained on the latest safety protocols. We are also helping guests by investing in in-villa services, should they want to spend more time at the villa. These include beauty appointments, massages, shopping deliveries and on-site chefs! We have plenty of last-minute availability, which you can explore below!